Monday, July 26, 2010

Apple Pecan Chicken Salad

In an effort to be healthier around here (man it's hard!) I am going to start trying to post a few more healthy recipes.  Growing up I was a salad bar kind of girl.  But I have to admit, I really enjoy the not so healthy options on the salad bar.  Bacon, cheese, croutons, ranch...just seeing these words typed together makes me kind of cringe, but come on people, it's good!  I'm a creature of habit, a salad covered in ranch dressing was what I grew up on, and my taste buds were satisfied with staying on that bandwagon.  Only within the past few years have I learned to love other dressings.  Vinaigrettes are my new love, and while I still occasionally order ranch, I know that a vinaigrette is the healthier option most times.  So I'm really really trying to expand my palette and sample new things.  This salad isn't too crazy (I can't branch out too far yet :) and I didn't make my own dressing, but it's still pretty yummy!  On today's menu...Apple Pecan Chicken Salad.

Apple Pecan Chicken Salad
2 cups 50/50 salad blend (spinach and spring mix)
1 small boneless skinless chicken breast (approx. 3 oz) grilled and chopped
1 T. pecan pieces
1 granny smith apple, cubed
1 T. dried cranberries
1 T. crumbled feta cheese
1 T. red onion chopped
2 T. light raspberry vinaigrette

The deets: Cal: 339, Fat: 13, Carbs: 39, Protein: 23, Fiber: 8, WWPoints: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment