Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cucumber Garlic Dip

Wow let me first say that it's been a LONG time.  I am so sorry! I have a lot to post so hopefully I can get that done within the next month or so before I go back to work.  Since I last saw you guys, I was able to visit Lori in Oklahoma! Yay!! We did some food related stuff, so hopefully we can get that stuff posted on here too.  Onto the cucumber dip!

Lori posted a version of this dip that is super yummy, so if you haven't had a chance to see that one, check it out.  But I'm a sucker for garlic, even with the dragon breath that comes with it.  I had a version of this dip out at the lake that we frequent every Sunday :) Side note: LOVE SUMMERTIME! I didn't ask for the recipe (although I should have) and decided on a whim yesterday to make my own version, because I had everything on hand. 


The basics: Cucumber, garlic, cream cheese, S&P
(I threw a little parsley and dill (pinch) into the food processor, but if you don't have those it's still lovely!)


Garnished with some chopped parsley & chives (only because I had them people, it's still delish without!)
I ate this with potato chips, only because that's what I had (recurring theme?) but I think pita chips would be awesome too!

Cucumber Garlic Dip
1/2 package of cream cheese
1 clove garlic, minced or in my case, grated
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped

Throw first three ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.  Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment