Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mulligan Stew

This is a super simple, yet delicious and fast meal.  It's so easy I sometimes dismiss it as a possibility, thinking I want to make something more difficult, and therefore just recently made it for the first time for my hubby.  And now I'm not allowed to dismiss it anymore- he loved it, and your family will too!

Mulligan Stew
1  pound pkg. ground beef (or ground turkey, which is what I use)
1  medium onion, chopped
1  can pork & beans
2-3 Tablespoons ketchup
A couple of dashes of Worcestershire
2  teaspoons brown sugar
1-2 Tablespoons mustard

DIRECTIONS:  Brown the hamburger with the onion.

Drain and add the pork & beans.
Stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire to the meat mixture.
Cook for 15 minutes on low. Serve with a salad and bread and butter.
 I like extra mustard on mine:)

No comments:

Post a Comment